Sinéad O'Connor - The Lion And The Cobra Album
|1||Never Get Old|
Voice [Spoken Words] – Enya
Arranged By – McMordieWritten-By – A. McMordie
|3||Just Like U Said It Would B|
Written-By – S. Wickham
|4||Drink Before The War||5:20|
Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Marco Pirroni
|7||Just Call Me Joe|
Arranged By – K. Mooney, L. WinerBass Guitar, Guitar – Kevin MooneyVoice [Spoken Words] – Leslie WinerWritten-By – Black Moon E.
|8||I Want Your (Hands On Me)|
Arranged By – Dean, HollifieldWritten-By – R. Dean, R. Hollifield
Arranged By [Strings] – Mike Clowes
|cdp32 1612-2, CCD 1612, CDP 3216122||Sinéad O'Connor||The Lion And The Cobra (CD, Album)||Ensign, Chrysalis, Ensign||cdp32 1612-2, CCD 1612, CDP 3216122||UK||1987|
|0946 3 21612 2 2||Sinéad O'Connor||The Lion And The Cobra (CD, Album)||Ensign||0946 3 21612 2 2||Europe||Unknown|
|1C 064-3 21612 1 DMM||Sinead O'Connor||The Lion And The Cobra (LP, Album)||Chrysalis, Ensign||1C 064-3 21612 1 DMM||Europe||1987|
|ccd 1612, CCD 1612||Sinéad O'Connor||The Lion And The Cobra (CD, Album)||Ensign, Chrysalis, Ensign, Chrysalis||ccd 1612, CCD 1612||UK||1987|
|Chen 7||Sinéad O'Connor||The Lion And The Cobra (Cass, Album, Chr)||Chrysalis||Chen 7||US||1987|
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Rob Dean
- Arranged By – Reynolds (tracks: A3, B2, B3), Clowes (tracks: A3, B1 to B3)
- Artwork By [Cover Art] – John Maybury, Steve Horse
- Bass Guitar – Spike Hollifield
- Co-producer, Engineer, Mixed By – Kevin Moloney
- Electric Guitar, Mixed By, Producer, Vocals [All], Arranged By – Sinéad O'Connor
- Electronic Drums [Drum Kit], Electronics [Machines] – John Reynolds
- Keyboards, Synthesizer – Mike Clowes
- Mastered By – Jack Jacko Adams
- Mixed By – Chris Birkett (tracks: A2, B2), Fachtna Ó Ceallaigh, Lloyd Phillips (tracks: A2, B2), Terence Morris (tracks: A2, B2)
- Photography By [Cover Pic] – Kate Garner, Kim Bowen
- Written-By – J. Reynolds (tracks: A3, B2), M. Clowes (tracks: A3, B2), O'Connor (tracks: A1 to B3)
Recorded at Oasis Studios, Camdem, London.
Mixed at Eden Studios, Chiswick, London.
Tracks A2 & B2 mixed at Tapestry Studios, Putney, London.
Mastered at Tape One, London.
(P) & (C) Ensign Records Ltd
Distribution & publication: Phonogram
NB On some copies, the "B side runoff" looks like it has been changed from an -A4 to -A2 or vice versa. What you have is an etched "2" with a vertical line in the center of the flat bottom line. This can look like either a 2 or a 4 depending on the viewing angle.
Printed inner sleeve.
- Barcode: 5013136161212
- Matrix / Runout (Label - Side A): CHEN 7-1
- Matrix / Runout (Label - Side B): CHEN 7-2
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1, 2 & 4 - Side A): CHEN.7 A4
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 - Side B): CHEN-7-B-2
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2 - Side A): CHEN 7 B-5
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3 - Side B): CHEN.7 A3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3 - Side A): CHEN.7 B3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4 - Side B): CHEN.7 B[scratched out 1]5
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ensign Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chrysalis Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Ensign Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Chrysalis Records Ltd.
- Distributed By – Phonogram
- Published By – Phonogram
- Published By – Dizzy Heights Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Blue Mountain Music Ltd.
- Recorded By – Ensign Records Ltd.
- Published By – Chrysalis Music Ltd.
- Recorded At – Oasis Studios
- Mixed At – Eden Studios
- Mixed At – Tapestry Studios
- Mastered At – Tape One
- Pressed By – CBS Pressing Plant, Aston Clinton
The Lion and the Cobra is the debut album by Irish singer Sinéad O'Connor, released on 4 November 1987 by Ensign and Chrysalis Records. O'Connor recorded the album while in the later stages of pregnancy with her first child. The title of the album is from Psalm 91:13 you will tread upon the lion and cobra, and the track Never Get Old opens with an Irish-language recital of Psalm 91 by singer Enya. The photograph of O'Connor on the album cover was taken by Haysi Fantayzee member Kate Garner. All ads added by right-owners. I don't have any profit. Use your brain. Sinéad O'Connor The Lion And The Cobra Full Album HD Tracklist 1 Jackie 00:00 'Connor, age 20 at the time, recorded the album while heavily pregnant with her first child. Songs in album Sinéad O'Connor - The Lion And The Cobra 1987. Sinéad O'Connor - Jackie. Sinéad O'Connor - Mandinka. Sinéad O'Connor - Jerusalem. Sinéad O'Connor - Just Like U Said It Would B. Sinéad O'Connor - Never Get Old. Sinéad O'Connor - Troy. Sinéad O'Connor - I Want Your Hands On Me. Формируйте собственную коллекцию записей. Sinéad OConnors first album comes on like a banshee wail across the bogs. Blending the uncompromising force of folk music, the sonic adventurousness of the Eighties and lyrics that draw on classical history, ghost tales and the Bible, The Lion and the Cobra is easily one of the most distinctive debut albums of the last year. Though OConnor now lives in London, she grew up in Dublin, and the grim, uncontrollable romanticism of Irish traditional music sets the emotional tone for The Lion and the Cobra. Jackie, the first song on the album, tells the story of a woman who wanders the shore long after her death, awaiting the return of her lover lost at sea. Listen free to Sinéad O'Connor The Lion and the Cobra Jackie, Mandinka and more. 9 tracks 41:58. In it Sinéad introduced herself as a talented one-of-a-kind artist, through a unique combination of the uncompromising force of folk music, the sonic adventurousness of the Eighties and lyrics that draw on classical history, ghost tales and the Bible Rolling Stone. As Slant Magazine summarized, the album is. regal, majestic, and allegorical, an album rife with images of war, slain dragons, and ghosts, and its one of the most electrifying debuts in rock history. The Lion and the Cobra Q&A. Sinéad O'Connor's debut, The Lion and the Cobra, was a sensation upon its 1987 release, and it remains a distinctive record, finding a major talent striving to achieve her own voice. Like many debuts, it's entirely possible to hear her influences, from Peter Gabriel to Prince and contemporary rap, but what's striking about the record is how she synthesizes these into her own sound - an eerie, expansive sound heavy on atmosphere and tortured passion. Sinéad O'Connor's first studio album was released in 1987. There is no data available on how the album did on the Irish album charts, but it sold considerably well in various countries being most successful in the Netherlands and New Zealand where it peaked at no. 4 on the charts as well as Canada where it was certified platinum. Thanks . thanked 1 time. Song English Sinéad O'Connor. Track 01. written by Sinéad O'Connor. Translations: Italian Turkish. Track 03. written by Sinéad O'Connor, Ali McMordie, Mike Clowes and John Reynolds. Translations: Italian. Album 1987 9 Songs. Lion and the Cobra Sinéad O'Connor