John Coltrane - Meditations Album
|4||The Father And The Son And The Holy Ghost||12:50|
|AS-9110, A-9110||John Coltrane||Meditations (LP, Album, Gat)||Impulse!, Impulse!||AS-9110, A-9110||US||1966|
|A-9110||John Coltrane||Meditations (LP, Album, Mono, Gat)||Impulse!||A-9110||US||1966|
|A 9110||John Coltrane||Meditations (LP, Album, Gat)||Impulse!||A 9110||France||1968|
|A-9110||John Coltrane||Meditations (LP, Album, Mono, Promo)||Impulse!||A-9110||US||Unknown|
|none||John Coltrane||Meditations (CD, Album, RE, RM, Unofficial)||ООО "ДОРА"||none||Russia||1997|
- Art Direction – Hollis King
- Bass – Jimmy Garrison
- Composed By – John Coltrane
- Design [Graphic] – Alba Acevedo
- Drums [Left Channel] – Rashied Ali
- Drums [Right Channel] – Elvin Jones
- Engineer [Recording] – Rudy Van Gelder
- Liner Notes [Original] – Nat Hentoff
- Photography By – Charles Shabacon, Joe Alper
- Piano – McCoy Tyner
- Producer [Original Sessions] – Bob Thiele
- Reissue Producer – Michael Cuscuna
- Remastered By [Digitally] – Erick Labson
- Tenor Saxophone, Percussion [Left Channel] – John Coltrane
- Tenor Saxophone, Tambourine, Bells [Right Channel] – Pharoah Sanders
Recorded at the Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ on November 23, 1965.
Digitally remastered at MCA Music Media Studios using 20-Bit Super Mapping.
The first two movements are played in continuous performance, as are the last three movements.
Housed in 6-panel Digipak with 12 page booklet.
© & ℗ 1996 GRP Records, Inc. & "impulse!" Reg. Trademark.
Distributed by the local BMG company, a unit of BMG Entertainment. All trademarks and logos are protected. Made in the EC.
- Barcode: 0 11105-1199-2 4
- Label Code: LC 0236
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): SONOPRESS R-4515/ IMP11992 A
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L024
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0779
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): SONOPRESS R-4515/ IMP11992 A
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L024
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0703
- Price Code (F:): BM720
- Rights Society: BIEM/GEMA
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – GRP Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Impulse!
- Copyright (c) – GRP Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Impulse!
- Distributed By – BMG
- Pressed By – Sonopress – R-4515
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Remastered At – MCA Music Media Studios
The album was considered the spiritual follow-up to A Love Supreme. It features Coltrane and Pharoah Sanders as soloists, both playing tenor saxophones. Much of the recording is avant-garde, featuring extensive passages in free rhythm and extended saxophone techniques such as honked and overblown notes, as well as multiphonics. This would be the last Coltrane recording with long-time partners drummer Elvin Jones and pianist McCoy Tyner. John Coltrane - Tenor Sax McCoy Tyner - Piano Elvin Jones - Drums Rashied Ali - Drums Pharoah Sanders - Tenor Sax Jimmy Garrison - Double Bass. Engineer - Rudy Van Gelder Produced by Bob - John Coltrane. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. The year 1965 was a turning point in the life of John Coltrane. It was at this point that he crossed the line into the free jazz arena that he had been approaching since the early '60s. 5 tracks 41:10. This CD reissues what was arguably the finest of the John Coltrane-Pharoah Sanders collaborations. On five diverse but almost consistently intense movements The Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost, Compassion, Love, Consequences, and Serenity, the two tenor saxophonists, pianist McCoy Tyner, bassist Jimmy Garrison, and both Elvin Jones and Rashied Ali on drums create some powerful, dense, and emotional mus. We all know John Coltrane, whether it be through Miles Davis' quintet and the Kind of Blue album, or his own legendary career as a solo jazz artist. We have all heard A Love Supreme, whether we like it or not. When discussing jazz with someone, there is a chance that at one point or another, Coltrane will be brought up. Returning to the lineup again is Pharoah Sanders, McCoy Tyner and Elvin Jones, along with Jimmy Garrison on bass and Rashied Ali on drums. All of these musicians fulfilled their purpose, contributing to the seemingly amorphous nature of Coltrane's later period music. John Coltrane - The Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. John Coltrane - Compassion. John Coltrane - Love. John Coltrane - Consequences. John Coltrane - Serenity. John Coltrane: все альбомы, включая Miles Davis - Kind of Blue , A John Coltrane Retrospective: The Impulse Years , Coltrane For Lovers и другие. Genre: Jazz. i want to write more words about this album but nothing i say can do it justice. funny enough, the only reason i found the article was because of a blog post about 56 nights & barter 6. shout out to noz. Suite album Transition 1970 - John Coltrane