Crosby - Nash - Whistling Down The Wire Album
Written-By – Danny Kootch
|2||Out Of The Darkness|
Written-By – Craig Degree
|7||Taken At All||3:06|
|8||Time After Time||2:30|
|ABCD-956||Crosby - Nash||Whistling Down The Wire (LP, Album, Ter)||ABC Records||ABCD-956||US||1976|
|2310 468||Crosby - Nash||Whistling Down The Wire (LP, Album)||Polydor||2310 468||Greece||1976|
|9022-956||Crosby + Nash||Whistling Down The Wire (LP, Album)||ABC Records||9022-956||Canada||1976|
|2310 468||Crosby - Nash||Whistling Down The Wire (LP, Album)||Polydor||2310 468||South Africa||1976|
|ABCD-956, 2310 468||Crosby , Nash||Whistling Down The Wire (LP, Album)||Polydor, Polydor||ABCD-956, 2310 468||Brazil||1976|
- Art Direction, Design – Gary Burden
- Bass – Tim Drummond
- Co-producer, Vocals, Acoustic Guitar – David Crosby
- Co-producer, Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harmonica – Graham Nash
- Drums, Percussion – Russel Kunkel
- Electric Guitar, Dobro – Danny Kootch
- Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Violin, Viola, Pedal Steel Guitar [Pedal Slide] – David Lindley
- Engineer [Engineering] – Don Gooch, Stephen Barncard
- Mastered By – Lanky
- Orchestra [Orchestra Leader] – Sid Sharpe
- Photography By – Joel Bernstein
- Piano [Acooustic Piano], Electric Piano, Organ, Glass Harmonica – Craig Doerge
- Strings [String Arrangement] – Lee Holdridge (tracks: A4)
- Written-By – David Crosby (tracks: A2 to A4, B3 to B5), Graham Nash (tracks: A1 to A2, A5 to B3, B5)
- Zither – Laura Allen
Keel Mfg. Corp. pressing denoted by "K" in runouts.
Special thanks to Leslie Morris, Mac Holbert, Glenn Goodwin & John Sands.
This album is dedicated to Jerry Ruebenstein.
Released with lyric inner sleeve.
Credited to "Crosby - Nash" on jacket front; to "David Crosby / Graham Nash" on labels.
Kortchmar Music, Inc. - A1
Thin Ice Music / Staysail Music - A2, B3
Staysail Music - A3, A4, B4
Thin Ice Music - A5, B1, B2
Fair Star Music Inc. / Thin Ice Music / Staysail Music - B5
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix Side A, label): ABCD 956-A
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix Side B, label): ABCD 956-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched, variant 1): ABCD 956-A ① > SX S2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched, variant 1): ABCD 956-B ⑧ > K K
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, etched, variant 2): ABCD-956-A ⑧ > K
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched, variant 2): ABCD-956-B ⑦ > K
- Rights Society (A1, A2, A5, B1, B2, B3, B5): ASCAP
- Rights Society (A3, A4, B3, B4, B5): BMI
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – David Crosby and Graham Nash
- Copyright (c) – ABC Records, Inc.
- Record Company – ABC Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Sound Labs, Hollywood
- Recorded At – Rudy Records
- Mastered At – ABC Recording Studios
- Pressed By – Keel Mfg. Corp.
- Published By – Kortchmar Music, Inc.
- Published By – Thin Ice Music
- Published By – Staysail Music
- Published By – Fair Star Music Inc.
Whistling Down the Wire is the third album by Crosby & Nash, released on ABC Records in 1976, the second of the duo's three-album deal with ABC Records. Cassette and 8-track tape versions of the album were distributed by Atlantic Records, to which Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young were signed. It peaked at 26 on the Billboard 200 album chart and was certified gold by the RIAA. Two singles were released from the album, Out of the Darkness and Spotlight, of which only the first charted on the Billboard. Spotlight Broken Bird Time After Time Dancer Mutiny J B's Blues Marguerita Taken At All Foolish Man Out of the 1976 10 Songs. Graham Nash & David Crosby. Broken Bird. Time After Time. s Blues. Whistling Down the Wire. Maybe it took more than nine months to come up with another batch of first-rate material, or maybe David Crosby and Graham Nash were saving their first-rate material for the next Crosby, Stills & Nash album, but Whistling Down the Wire, their third and final new studio album as a duo, was a distinctly second-rate effort. As usual, Crosby's loosely arranged jazz-blues tunes were offset by Nash's more pop-oriented songs, but this time around neither of them came up with anything memorable. Listen free to Crosby & Nash Whistling Down the Wire Spotlight, Broken Bird and more. 10 tracks 36:19. Crosby & Nash. Released 1976. Whistling Down the Wire Tracklist. Spotlight Lyrics. Show all albums by Crosby & Nash. Whistling Down the Wire would be David Crosby and Graham Nash's last album for the next 25-plus years. CS&N's reunion in 1977 had something to do with this - Crosby's drug addiction also did. Quite simply, he was in awful shape and only getting worse. The album suffers as a result. Now, it's not bad, but it lacks the fire and originality of previous efforts. Then again, Crosby is always good for one or two stone-cold classics, and he delivers with the moody Time After Time, wherein he sounds beautiful but pained. Justin Farrar. Whistling Down The Wire is ranked 105,196th in the overall chart, 9,822nd in the 1970s, and 972nd in the year 1976. Whistling Down The Wire by Crosby & Nash Year: 1976 Overall rank: 105,196th. Average Rating: 66100 from 6 votes. This item:Whistling Down The Wire by Crosby & Nash Audio CD . Only 5 left in stock - order soon. Ships from and sold by Deep Discount Entertainment. Graham Nash, David Crosby by Graham Nash Audio CD . Ships from and sold by Yachew LTD UK. Released in 1976, Whistling Down The Wire is the third proper album from the duo pairing of David Crosby and Graham Nash-it's very much of a piece with 1975's Wind On The Water-and you can't go wrong with it if you love these guys. The album-opening Spotlight is a wonderfully joyful song about playing live and sharing experiences through music